What can you do to prepare for flooding?
Call Floodline 0345 988 1188
Floodline Warnings Direct is a free service provided by the Environment Agency to warn you about flooding. Call Floodline to check your flood risk, sign up to the free flood warning system and receive advice and guidance about what to do before, during, or after a flood.
There is lots of information online and there are three simple steps you can take to be better prepared for flooding:
1) Check your flood risk
Use the Environment Agency’s maps online to find out if your home or business is at risk of flooding. Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
2) Sign up to Floodline Warnings Direct (FWD)
Sign up for free flood warnings online or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
3) Know what to do when flooding happens
This might include:
- Make a personal flood plan and know what to do https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-flood-plan
- Prepare your business for flooding https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/preparing-your-business-for-flooding
- Prepare a grab bag with warm clothes, blankets, mobile phone, medication, water and food supplies, a torch, and a battery or wind up radio and important personal documents.
- Make sure you know how to turn off the gas and electricity supply.
- Identify a safe place where you, your family and pets can keep away from floodwater.
- Check your insurance to see if you’re covered.